Sunday, March 20, 2011

Aquaponic update

 Updates on my system.  After about a week I have a strawberry ready to eat.  There were a few small white berries when I bought the plant and I am surprised how fast the plant grew and how fast the berry ripened and w/o fish in the tank.  I was impatient and added some craw-fish and gold fish the second day of cycling and. they lasted about two days.  So now I am just waiting for two weeks for the PH to level out and then I will be adding some fish.  Right now I am growing duck weed in the large system as it makes good fish food. I hope it grows well because I don't want to buy a lot of fish food.
Artichoke
The system I should of started with.
 16 crappie and they all seem to be doing well. There were only suppose to be 12 but the guy at the bait shop was too lazy to get the others out I guess.  I feed them some duck week and they loved it.
Temporary GB I will be adding a stainless steel grow bed that fits on top soon.


I made this setup to see if the smaller bell siphon would work. I am currently using a tall shot glass as the siphon and it seems to be working as long as I get the pump to pump fast enough.  Some minor tweaking needs done.

No comments:

Post a Comment